This article provides a step-by-step guide on how to set-up the Logistically-Denim integration and how to send invoices from Logistically to Denim, automatically or manually.
Setting Up Logistically and Denim
To link your accounts and allow job data to flow from Logistically to Denim, start by accessing your Denim API Key. You can find your API key in the Settings menu on the API Access tab. If you don’t see an API Key, or a button to generate one, contact support for assistance. See this article for more information on API keys.
Once you have copied your Denim API key, enter your API key in Logistically by navigating to Account, then Plugins, then Factoring With Denim. Here you can enter your Denim API key and click Save Denim Settings. Set the Is Active toggle to Yes if you choose to enable automatic invoice factoring.
Automatic Invoice Factoring
To enable automatic invoice factoring, follow the steps above to set the Is Active toggle to Yes (under Account > Plugins > Factor With Denim).
Then, for each customer with which you'd like to automatically factor invoices, enable automatic invoicing in Logistically. To enable Logistically's automated customer invoice delivery feature, click Customers from the main left nav bar, select a customer, navigate to the Invoicing tab, and set the toggle under Customer Invoice Delivery to yes. For the Denim integration to work properly, set the One Order Per Invoice toggle to yes.
Now, the automated invoicing process will run every 30 minutes. If a Denim integration has been enabled according to the set up section above, invoices will be automatically sent to Denim's Import Review page every 30 minutes, where you can map any new companies, review the pending job imports, and save as draft or submit for funding.
Manual Invoice Factoring
To factor invoices individually, select Invoices then Customer from the main left bar, then check one or more invoices and click Invoice Actions then Factor with Denim. From here, invoices will be sent to Denim's Import Review, where you can map any new companies, review the pending job imports, and save as draft or submit for funding.
Invoice Requirements for Factoring
For an invoice to be factored properly, these documents should be attached in Logistically:
- Proof of Delivery/ Signed Bill of Lading
- Shipper Rate Confirmation
- Carrier Invoice
Alternatively, these documents can be attached in Denim after import.
A factoring error can occur if the invoice doesn't match the requirements to be factored. Requirements include the following:
- The invoice amount cannot be equal be $0 (zero).
- The invoice must contain 1 line only.
- The invoice must be for a freight order.
- The Customer Invoice settings must not include a factoring company. When the Denim plugin is activated, that will be the default factoring company for all customers that don't have an overriding factoring company set.
- Invoice status must not contain any of the following statuses: Paid, Partially Paid, Canceled, or Factored.
Finalizing Imports in Denim
Once you have linked Logistically and Denim and configured your settings in Logistically, you're ready to process jobs! Jobs pushed from Logistically to Denim will be imported in an interim status for your final review. Once you've pushed jobs to Denim, login to Denim and go to the Import Review page to finalize the import process.
STEP 1 | Resolve Company Mapping
If this is your first time using a customer or contractor with this integration, we will ask you to map them to debtor or payee companies in Denim's database. You will only need to do this once per customer or contractor you work with. Once a company as been identified in Denim and the mapping is saved, we'll automatically select the company for you on subsequent imports.
Map companies by searching the company name in the field in the Denim Equivalent column. A green checkmark next to the company name indicates and existing relationship to your account, and a plus sign is a company that exists in the Denim system but doesn't have a relationship to your account. You can click that company to add a relationship, or click Add New Company to create one from scratch.
STEP 2 | Review Interim Jobs on the Import Review Page
The last step allows you to review the imported job details before converting the interim jobs to draft status. Click the Save Jobs as Draft button if the jobs need further attention, or Submit for Funding if the jobs and paperwork are ready for Denim's review.
- Jobs with a green checkmark are free of errors and ready to save or submit.
- Jobs that are not ready will be marked with a red triangle and populated at the top of the list. The specific error(s) in that row are indicated by red text or outlined with a red input field.
- If the Save Jobs as Drafts and Submit For Funding buttons are disabled, that means none of the listed jobs are ready to submit. Common errors that may need to be fixed include:
- A Company has not been defined/mapped. This is resolved by completing step 2.
- An input is not formatting correctly
- Information is missing
- The job or reference number is duplicated
When you click to save the jobs, you'll see a success message at the top of the page indicating how many jobs were saved as drafts. The saved jobs will now be viewable on the Jobs Board page.
If an error can not be corrected, the best solution is to delete it and try to import again. If this approach still does not fix the issues, adding it as a job through the Add Jobs workflow in your webapp dashboard may be necessary.