With Denim's integration, you can pull jobs in from Turvo and map customers and contractors for a seamless experience. The process is completed entirely in the Denim webapp.
Activating the Integration
Step 1: Create an API Profile in Turvo
The first step is to create and API Profile in Turvo, which allows your account to send job data over their API to Denim.
- Go to your Turvo Admin Console
- Select API & Webhooks
- Click Setup an API Profile
- Set your Profile Name (It can be anything. We suggest using your company name.)
- Use your Turvo account admin's setting as your Profile User Name
- For Profile User Name, use the name of an Admin-level user. Turvo recommends that you create a user specifically for use with the API profile.
- For more information on Turvo API Profiles, visit the Turvo help article here.
Step 2: Link your account in the Denim app
Login to the Denim webapp, navigate to your Settings menu, and then select the TMS Integrations tab.
On the integrations page, enter your Turvo login credentials to establish a connection between Denim and Turvo. Once you've successfully authenticated, you're ready to start pulling in Turvo jobs to Denim.
Preparing Turvo Shipments for Import to Denim
How Denim Selects Jobs for Import
Denim imports details from Shipment objects in Turvo and converts them to Denim jobs. When you initiate an import, our app will search your Turvo account for Shipments in the Ready for Billing status. In order for jobs to qualify, the following documents must be uploaded to, or generated within, the Shipment in Turvo:
- Customer Rate Confirmation - documentation needed
- Proof of Delivery - documentation needed
- Carrier Invoice - documentation needed
- Upload with the following fields imported by Denim:
- Invoice # imported as Denim job's Contractor Invoice Number
- Invoice Amount imported as Denim job's Payable Amount
- Invoice Due Date imported as Denim job's Payable Due Date
- Customer Invoice from Turvo - does not need to be sent to the customer, but create this document in Turvo so that Denim can import:
- Invoice # imported as Denim job's customer PO Number
- Invoice Amount imported as Denim job's Receivable Amount
- Invoice Due Date imported as Denim job's Receivable Due Date
Once your shipments are ready in Turvo, follow the steps below for more details on completed the Denim import.
Suggested Turvo Settings
These optional settings will help with your workflow and ensure that jobs imported to Denim contain all required info, including documents, and can be efficiently reviewed and submitted for funding.
Access your settings via the Admin console and select the Payments card:
Once you've clicked on the Payments card, find "Billing document rules."
- Toggle on "Require carrier invoice."
- Add POD and Customer rate confirmation as required documents. This will give you an alert that these docs are missing when you put the job into Ready for Billing status.
The Import Process
STEP 1 | Import Jobs from Turvo
To start the Import process, select the Import Jobs button. The Import Jobs button can be found on the Dashboard, Jobs Board and Import Review pages. Once you've opened the import modal, select the TMS Bulk Import option. If you completed the authentication steps above, you will see that Turvo is already selected as your linked TMS, and you will have the option to set a date range for imports.
Set the date range you'd like to import. From here, Denim will import any shipments in Ready for Billing status with a delivery date within the date range you entered. You will receive a confirmation prompt if the import is successful, including the number of jobs imported. If no qualifying Shipments are found, you will have the option to adjust your date range.
Successful imports will be created in an interim status for final review and are not yet saved into your Jobs Board.
Click the Go to Import Review button to visit the Import Review page to finalize the import process and save jobs as drafts.
STEP 2 | Resolve Company Mapping
If this is your first time using a customer or contractor with this integration, we will ask you to map them to debtor or payee companies in Denim's database. You will only need to do this once per shipper or contractor you work with. Once a company as been identified in Denim and the mapping is saved, we'll automatically select the company for you on subsequent imports.
Map companies by searching the company name in the field in the Denim Equivalent column. A green checkmark next to the company name indicates and existing relationship to your account, and a plus sign is a company that exists in the Denim system but doesn't have a relationship to your account. You can click that company to add a relationship, or click Add New Company to create one from scratch.
STEP 3 | Review Interim Jobs on the Import Review Page
The last step allows you to review the imported job details before converting the interim jobs to draft status. Click the Save Jobs as Drafts button to save the listed jobs a drafts.
- Jobs with a green checkmark are free of errors and ready to save as draft.
- Jobs that are not ready to save as drafts will be marked with a red triangle and populated at the top of the list. The specific error(s) in that row are indicated by red text or outlined with a red input field.
- If the Save Jobs as Drafts button is disabled, that means none of the listed jobs are ready to submit. Common errors that may need to be fixed include:
- A Company has not been defined/mapped. This is resolved by completing step 2.
- An input is not formatting correctly
- Information is missing
- The job or reference number is duplicated
When you click to save the jobs, you'll see a success message at the top of the page indicating how many jobs were saved as drafts. The saved jobs will now be viewable on the Jobs Board page.
If an error can not be corrected, the best solution is to delete it and try to import again. If this approach still does not fix the issues, adding it as a job through the Add Jobs workflow in your webapp dashboard may be necessary.
STEP 4 | Submit for Funding
From your Jobs Board, select the draft jobs you've just imported. You can edit the jobs to complete a final check or make any necessary changes. When you're ready to submit the jobs to Denim, click Submit for Funding.