This article provides a step-by-step guide on how to send bills from Zuum to Denim where they become jobs, ensuring a smooth and efficient billing process. By following these instructions, you can easily verify and upload the necessary documents and complete the billing procedure accurately.
Linking Zuum to Denim
To link your accounts and allow job data to flow from Zuum to Denim, start by accessing your Denim API Key. You can find your API key in the Settings menu on the API Access tab. If you don’t see an API Key, or a button to generate one, contact support for assistance. See this article for more information on API keys.
Once you have copied your Denim API Key, navigate to Zuum and enter it per the instructions from your Zuum support specialist.
Sending Jobs from Zuum to Denim
Step 1: Upload and verify documents
- To begin the process of sending bills (jobs) to Denim, make sure the Zuum load has a carrier invoice and signed proof of delivery attached.
- To add documents: navigate to the load in the Shipments menu, and once you’ve selected the load, navigate to the Docs & Images tab. Use the Upload Documents button in the top right corner of the page.
- This ensures that Denim can confirm the accurate billing and payment information, approving your jobs and processing payments in a timely manner.
Step 2: Verifying the PO Number
- Navigate to the Details tab and ensure that your customer's PO number has been entered in the PO#/Order # field.
- This is important to facilitate an accurate billing and payment processes.
Step 3: Confirming Shipment Status
- Once the carrier invoice, proof of delivery, and debtor PO number have been verified, it is time to check the shipment status. Ensure that the shipment is in the "To Be Billed" status before proceeding further.
Step 4: Accessing the Accounting Module
- On the left nav, select Accounting and then Invoices, then select the invoice you want to process from the table.
- You can filter to only Denim invoices by changing the Table View in the top right corner of the page.
Step 5: Sending the Invoice to Denim
- To mark an invoice for sending to Denim, click the checkbox on that invoice, click the Record Payment button in the top right, and then choose the Send to Denim option from the dropdown.
- You will see a loading state while Zuum’s system checks to ensure customer and carrier match.
- Once the verification is complete, you will see a success message. This indicates the job was sent to Denim.
- Jobs are sent to Denim instantly, so if you need to perform any additional actions in the Denim platform, you can navigate there immediately. Otherwise, your job has been submitted!