Denim for Teams: What is it?
Denim for Teams allows you to add separate logins for your team members, and completely control what information they can see and what actions they can take!
This allows the distribution of work in Denim across your team safely, ensuring everyone sees the information they need to see to be effective. Owners are in the driver seat for controlling what is shown on each page and what actions each team member is allowed to take.
How is it used?
Teams big and small can be setup for success by using Denim to work together. Build your team in Denim for Teams using the Role Management and Team Management components:
1. Use Role Management to build and save customized permission sets, as well as assign emails to certain roles. You can build a custom role for each user, or apply the same role to multiple users.
2. Use Team Management to create logins for your team members and assign them roles.
There are three high-level permission settings, also know as access controls:
FULL - This is equivalent to owner access, meaning users with this permission level will see all company data and have full access to make changes within that area of the app.
CUSTOM - The customization options vary depending on the role, and drill downs for each user's access can be controlled on a more granular level.
NONE - No access to that area of the app. Depending on the section of the app, selecting none will hide data, hide action buttons, or possibly prevent the user from accessing the page at all.
Customized View for each Team Member
Team members can now see an individualized view of the jobs they're working on, with a new category called My Jobs.
These are jobs either saved as draft or submitted by a specific employee. Team members with this permission level will only be able to work with and/or see jobs they have created, depending on the specific permissions you have set. If you set the user to only be able to view, edit, and submit "My Jobs," then they will not be able to view or modify jobs created by other members of your team.
Example: Submit jobs with partial portfolio visibility
The most requested ability for a team member was to create a job, so this first step in Denim for Teams allows your employees to enter jobs and either save as draft or submit to Denim. We've also given you the ability to hide the customers and/or contractor base:
Remove the relationship icons if customer lists should be kept private, and team members will only be able to see what is required to submit a job. Users with this role will instead search from the full list of all Customers on Denim to add them to a job.
The left picture shows the relationship indicators removed:
Delegate Emails to Team Members
You can now delegate all Denim emails to your agents! Just edit their role, and select which emails you'd like for them to receive.
For more example roles, check out our help article with suggested permission combinations for common roles.
We'd Love your Feedback!!
We would love to hear your feedback on what other capabilities would add the most value to your business. See below for some of the items on our mind, and please reach out using the Denim Ideas form to let us know what you would like to see added to this feature.
Denim has been hard at work, and we're really proud with this first step in creating Denim for Teams. We want to keep you in the loop as we create the future of Denim for Teams, and give you a sneak peek. Here are some ideas that have been floating around at Denim HQ:
- Assigning specific customers to employees.
- Right now, only jobs can be associated with employees. Employees can currently be set up with permission to view all customers or none.
- Viewing employee-specific reporting metrics, such as Jobs over Time data or average days outstanding per employee.
- Currently, reports and the business dashboard will show all of the company data. Only the Jobs Board and Transactions pages can be customized to show only "my jobs" for a specific employee. The Jobs Board can be filtered to a specific employee using the Created By filter.
- Customer and/or contractor related metrics are hidden on the business dashboard if the employee isn’t able to view customers and/or contractors.
- Deleting Roles
- Roles cannot be deleted, but you can edit existing roles at any point without the need of Denim support!