Welcome to the Document Inbox and Processing Center, part of Denim's suite of document collection tools, where you can view all documents sent to your Denim inbox. This tool allows you to manage and process incoming emails and documents efficiently. Whether you need to review documents, categorize pages, or add them to draft jobs, this guide will walk you through all the key functions and how to use them effectively.
Locating the Document Inbox
The "Document Inbox" is found in a new tab under the Jobs tab on the left nav menu. This is available to anyone with either Full Contractors or View Contractors permissions. To learn more about Denim for Teams, view this help article.
Setting up Document Routing
The first step is to generate your unique Document Inbox email address. Click the Document Routing button to generate the email address. The resulting modal contains two options for sharing your email address.
- The Generate Email button will launch your default email program, and populate an email template with clear instructions and your unique email address. In this email, add contact email addresses for any contractors and carrier factors from whom you would like to receive documents.
- Copy the email address and write your own email to contractors or their factors. TIP: We recommend adding this email address to your rate confirmation documents as well.
Using the Document Inbox
The Document Inbox is designed to help you manage incoming emails and documents from different contractors and factors. Let's dive into its key components:
Each row in the Document Inbox is a single email, and the page displays all of the important information about received emails. There are three action options on each row:
- Message: The button in the Message column opens a window with the content of the email, in case your contact included any notes or context.
- Process: The button in the Process column opens the Document Processing center, where you can assign documents to jobs and classify pages.
- Ignore: On the far right of each row, hovering to the right of the Date Received column will reveal the quick actions menu, where you can mark an email to ignore, moving it out of the Inbox and into the Ignored tab.
You can also filter your Document Inbox by the date documents were received, status, and number of attachments.
Document Processing Center
The Document Processing center allows you to view all attached documents from the selected email, and process them individually. Follow these steps to process a document:
- Click the Process button on the first document you want to process.
- Select a draft job from the dropdown menu to assign the document to that job, then click Continue.
- Classify pages by selecting one or more pages, then clicking the Classify Pages button above the document viewer.
- Within the Classify Pages dropdown, you will see a number of options within the Billing Paperwork and Supporting Paperwork categories.
- Any pages with a classification under the Billing Paperwork heading will be added to your customer's invoice.
- Any pages with a classification under the Supporting Paperwork heading will only be used for internal reference at Denim.
- You will also see the option to delete pages if they are irrelevant to the job.
- Click Save and Close when you are finished to complete the process.
- Once you've saved your classifications, you will once again see the document details in the right pane and will also have a link to view the job to added the documents to
FAQ and Notes
- Access to the Document Inbox view is only available to users with Full Contractors or Contractors - View All permissions.
- If desired, account owners can adjust permissions by navigating to the Settings menu and then the Role and Team Management tabs.
- Document Forwarding can only be set up by account owners.
That's it! You're now equipped to effectively manage your Document Inbox and utilize the Processing Center's features. If you have any further questions or need assistance, don't hesitate to reach out to our support team. Happy processing!